Thursday, September 22, 2011

Experiencing Leica M8 on Hand

Year after years... my goal was to be able to have a Leica in my hand. So after a long and painful saving process, I managed my self a used Leica M8 which still cost me around $3,000 for the body, and for the lens I chose Voigtlander Nokton 35mm F/1.4 the cheapest lens for M Series (around $600) while dreaming that someday I might get my self a Cron or even a Lux... *fingers cross.....

So there will be no un-boxing photos here as this is not a new thing....
To tell the truth, this is the first time I've ever shot with a range finder, so I'm still getting used to it....

After fiddling around with the menu, settings, charging the battery, I can get few shots. But too bad the CD that comes with the package can not be installed to my Mac, probably because I've got the latest iMac which is 64 bit. But still OK, I can download the picture using Lightroom.

So here are the first couple shots that I can take with my new used M8.. :-)

Very good color saturation

Amazing bokeh

a bit misfocus here :-p but still a good color saturation + nice bokeh

sharp....

nice DOF

soft....

self potrait

No comments:

Post a Comment