Friday, January 3, 2014

Flare in photography

LIGHTS, FLARE, ACTION.......

It's been a while that I haven't had a chance to write something in my blog....
Well.... not that I was not aware or just a simple laziness
But for the last couple of years, I've been busy fulfilling my GAS of photography....
I've been acquired so many cameras and lenses just to fulfill my curiosity of results....
And for sure, one of the result was my wife were so mad at me that I've spent so much fortune for those gears... LOL

Well.... not a big deal at all..... so in early 2014 let's start with some interesting topics...
Also I hope that I;m able to continue write something in my experience as a lifetime amateur shooter....

Photography needs lights.... either it might come from the flash, sun, room light or any available lights...
Some lights can become flare.... flare can become friend or foe depends on the angle you are taking....

From WIKIPEDIA: A flare, also sometimes called a fusee, is a type of pyrotechnic that produces a brilliant light or intense heat without an explosion. Flares are used for signalling, illumination, or defensive countermeasures in civilian and military applications. Flares may be ground pyrotechnics, projectile pyrotechnics, or parachute-suspended to provide maximum illumination time over a large area. Projectile pyrotechnics may be dropped from aircraft, fired from rocket or artillery, or deployed by flare guns or handheld percussive tubes.

In my amateur experience, I've learned a lot about lights in photography....
And from time to time I've become aware how lights can transform your shot into a masterpiece or just a "ready to delete junk"

Here are some examples of my shots using different cameras and also lenses....
Those shots were not made by masters but a truly passionate photographer (if I may say that... LOL)


Long Shot Using Olympus EM-5 and 25mm Summilux

Long Shot Using Olympus EM-5 and 25mm Summilux

Happy New Year everyone..... This one I've used Fuji X-E2 and 23mm f/1.4

Leica M9 with 50mm Noctilux V4 F1... The lights comes from his iPad

Leica M9 with 28mm Summicron

Leica M9 with 28mm Summicron and External Flash

Leica M9 with 50mm Summicron Rigid

Leica M9 with 50mm Summicron Rigid

Leica M9 with 50mm Summicron Rigid

Myself ;) Olympus OMD EM-5 with 25mm Summilux

My wife and kid..... OMD with 25mm Summilux

Chinese funeral rituals.... Olympus OMD EM-5 with Oly 75mm F/1.8

Olympus OMD EM-5 with Oly 75mm F/1.8

Chinese funeral rituals.... Olympus OMD EM-5 with Oly 75mm F/1.8

Chinese funeral rituals.... Olympus OMD EM-5 with Oly 75mm F/1.8

Olympus OMD EM-5 with 25mm Summilux and external flash

Any comments would be highly appreciated.... as I'm still on learning process and the passion of taking pictures are really burn inside me......


No comments:

Post a Comment