Friday, May 15, 2015

A Makeshift Negatif Film Scanner

Since I've been shooting with analog, I've got a little problem to scan the image from negative to digital, especially for the 120mm film, as the scanner price is quite high, and I didn't want to invest my money on that thing....

So finally I've got a link from my friend on how to make a makeshift scanner from a shoebox

Basically you make a square hole on top of the box with the exact measurement of your negative film (my case I'm using 120mm)

scanner
The shoe box scanner
And also we need to make a holster for the film to slide using a piece of HVS paper.
After that make a peeping hole that big enough for your digital camera or mobile phone

Using a lamp inside the box, simply slide the film to the holster and then take the picture of the slide.
The box with film in and the lamp is on

Export that to photoshop and invert the image
Image exported to photoshop

Voila!! the image start to appear.
image after being inverted

Edit as you like and here you go, a scanner for under $2 and within 10 minutes of work..
good luck

Final Result:
a little touch using Ps or Lightroom





No comments:

Post a Comment