Friday, May 15, 2015

Me and my Mamiya RB67

I was so lucky when I found out a Mamiya Rb67 for sale in one online forum, for a while I've been thinking to upgrade my skills using a medium format camera, And since the digital MF was so expensive, so I was aiming for an analog one, and my choice goes to Mamiya RB 67

There are lots of sites reviewing this beauty, so I'm not going to re-review this but I think I need to admire this beast. So, mine was RB67 Pro-S (1974-90) = Pro + double-exposure interlock + viewfinder landscape / portrait orientation indicator + self-erecting focusing hood.

The Mamiya RB67 is a very successful line of single-lens reflex medium format cameras made by the Mamiya Corporation.  The first model, the RB67 Pro, came out in 1970 and was made until 1974. They made some changes in it, renamed it the RB67 Pro-S and was produced until 1990. In 1990 they made further changes and renamed it the Pro-SD. The Pro-SD was still currently being sold new into the early 2000s. Mamiya also has a higher-tier line called the RZ series that features electronically controlled lenses and shutters.
The basic design and function of the RB hasn't changed over the past 30 years. Along with the Pentax 67 and Hasseblad 500 series, the RB 67 has remained the workhorse of professional studio photographers. (Karen Nakamura)


Printing Result


Printing Result

Mamiya RB67 Pro-S

Mamiya RB67 - Pro S

No comments:

Post a Comment